Sunday, December 13, 2009

Molten twilight...

Molten twilight drowns the sky with shades of blue and black
Golden stars swim to the surface to shine down and show the way
To follow leads to unknown paths and destinations
To stay leaves the world mysterious and the mind inquiring

The adventure traverses incorporeal lands and empty oceans
Swimming through mountains and climbing over seas
The stars point the way but one must advance alone
To see the true path through the confusion only you can proceed

Threats lurk off the shimmering path
The darkest safety and radiant danger wait in hiding
Waiting for the slightest misstep to drag you into the ebony blaze
The lure of sinister desires calling out must be heard by the deaf ear

As the terminus of this journey comes to the fore the sea of night begins to dissipate
Grasping, clawing for but a glimpse of the goal you have sought again and again
Leads to naught but disappointment as the vision melts and evaporates to the morning fire
Tears of anger and desperation blind and sear your eyes and the journey ends once more

2 comments:

Jake said...

Hmm I like it. What is it about? could you explain it a little?

Lucas said...

Thanks. When I wrote this poem I was in a very contemplative mood and I began to write and this came out. I was thinking about dreams and life. I don't want to tell you too much of what I meant it to mean because I would rather hear how you interpret it.